Wednesday 9 June 2010

We went away "ooop North"

Ok will try and catch up! Last year we went up for a mini break to Waldridge Fell as the lovely Dave Robinson had asked me to judge, it's very near to the sea and there is a lovely beach that you can walk to from the show. I had mixed emotions about going to this show this year as last year at this show Fleet went Grade 6 and won the Novice Olympia class details here but I do like to go to different parts of the country to go sightseeing and have a break and when I found out that there was a show on at the same venue the weekend before and we could make a 10 day break of it that made my mind up :)

We were camped with friends and played games in the evening and went to the beach and out to a couple of nice pubs so really it was a holiday with some agility thrown in!

One of the weekends was very hot and they say dogs are like their owners but I don't "do" hot weather and Cad and Kaiser are like me!

Cad got various places across the two shows his best being a 2nd, Kaiser seems to settle better at the shows with less rings (there were 6 rings) so much less for his herdy eyes to notice! He concentrated well and even when he did not go clear did some nice bits and having previously only had 2 placings before (an 18th and 19th) across the two shows his best place a 12th in Grade 3 Jumping, and also got a 14th, 24th and 19th in the KC Novice Qualifer, ok not quite up to the 1st of his "brother" from the previous year but he tried his best :)

Leanne Under My Bed very kindly took some photos of Cad and Kaiser:-







and here are some photos I took on my iphone of the dogs on the beach:-















3 comments:

  1. Congratulations and that scenery looks stunning I will have to take my guys there :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The beach looks beautiful, nice and quite for the guys to have a whale of a time. Looks like Cadders forgot his hair spray!!

    Jo & Josh

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a great time. Some lovely photos Lorna. Well done on all your results. Kaiser will get there for sure x

    ReplyDelete