Thursday 16 August 2012

Holiday time....

Well holiday, judging and some competing in agility thrown in!

We are about half way through our agility break having done Hare n Hounds at Barnard Castle, I judged on a really hot day (I'm not good with the heat!) but it was still a good day.

Kaiser had forgotten how to weave but luckily remembered later in the show, he and Cad are just doing agility runs now (well Cad does Champ jumping), they both got a few places, Kaisers best was a 4th and Cad had a 2nd.

I had decided that I wanted Bex to stay in Grade 4 until I was better at running him in jumping classes. That's me not Bex lol, just didn't want to do well in one agility run, move up a grade and then be facing harder jumping courses so the plan was working ok and some of our jumping runs have been getting better and Bex got a couple of nice jumping places at this and previous shows and then at Hare n Hounds in Graded 4-5 jumping which was quite tricky he did a lovely clear and he won and also beat the time of the Grade 5 winner, so well pleased with that and proud of the young merlie boy :) we also had some graded 4-7 courses that were really hard and I was pleased with how we did them. I think the other grade 4's must have found them hard too as Bex got 2 top ten places with 5 faults (a pole in one and came out of the middle of the weaves to get 5 in the other).

A couple of photos - Bex with his first place and Bex in one of the exercise areas on the hill overlooking the show.

We are now at TAG at Uttoxetor Racecourse, competing and I'm judging here too. Hope everyone I know is having a good August :)

No comments:

Post a Comment